Weight- loss: Week 2 – Post Mortem
Week two was one of those weeks were results were different than what I expected. I should have stayed off the scale but I didn’t and every time I looked it said the same thing. I was starting to think the damn thing was broken but I had to remember my eating, while mostly healthy, could have been improved. I also failed to drink enough water so maybe that had something to do with it. Anyway, I didn’t fall, I just stumbled. Monday I was suppose to workout but I was too tired so I took that day as a rest day. I adjusted my goals on Sparkpeople to make sure my nutrition was in order. Sometimes it is hard to make the Nutrition goal without getting high fat. I really need to do more research in high calorie, lower fat foods. This will be a goal for next week.
My energy is steadily increasing and what I couldn’t do or got winded doing is now a piece of cake. My back doesn’t hurt when I go walking and that is such a wonderful thing. My feet still hurt so I had to get rid of some new shoes. I also have to stay away from the treadmill for a while, just until I get my weight down. I have to stick with the Elliptical, Life Touch, and the Bike. I might just pull out my bike this week but I have to check the weather.
I feel better and that is a good thing. I am starting to see some changes in my body which is nice. I am definitely within my goal to become a healthier me. I still have a long way to go with over 130 pounds to lose over the next year and half. I believe I am still off to a good start.
The following are the results from Week 2.
Week 2. Starting Sunday 3/10/13 to Saturday 3/16/13
1. Walk around the block everyday at lunch. If it rains, either climb the stairs or walk on the treadmill at the gym. Failed I rested Monday and Tuesday but I still made my calorie burn for the week.
2. Workout at the Gym Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sat, and Sun. Include strength training on Friday and Sunday. Failed. I rested on Monday. I adjusted my goal accordingly.
3. Stay away from the scale! Failed.
4. Stay between 1830 – 2180 calories a day. Success.
5. Do not eat any junk food or drink any sodas, including diet soda. Failed. I had a brownie for lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday.
6. Add a fruit and veggie to every meal. Success.
7. Do not eat any red meat. Success.
8. Drink at least five glasses of water a day. Failed.
While it seems like I had more failures than successes, I feel great and my motivation is still good, so I am looking forward to a successful week three.
Week 3. Starting Sunday 3/17/13 to Saturday 3/23/13
1. Walk around the block everyday at lunch. If it rains, either climb the stairs or walk on the ride the bike at the gym.
2. Workout at the Gym Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sat, and Sun. Include strength training on Friday and Sunday.
3. Stay away from the scale!
4. Stay between 1830 – 2180 calories a day. (Because of my planned fitness)
5. Do not eat any junk food or drink any sodas, including diet soda.
6. Add a fruit and veggie to every meal.
7. Do not eat any red meat.
8. Drink at least five glasses of water a day.
9. Do some research on high calorie, lower fat foods.
I had a great workout today. I burned 100 more calories than last Sunday in the same amount of time! Now that is progress.